Overview of The Role:
As a Senior Project Manager you will be accountable for the planning, managing, and successful completion of large scale, complex implementations (i.e. Digital, SAP, SaaS) and smaller IT initiatives impacting business processes across our global divisions.
- Determine the project approach, work breakdown structure, staffing, deliverables, and schedule and is responsible for creating the project work plan and maintaining control of the project scope, estimates, schedule, costs, and external dependencies.
- Provide the clients IT Leadership Team with weekly progress reports including risks, issues, decisions as well as recommendations for adjustments as necessary. You will ensure the timely communication of relevant project information to all affected team members, including changes to the plans, team structure, commitments, and project dependencies.
- Have strong leadership skills and provides guidance and support to optimize the performance of a diverse team, leads through influence indirect reports, and ensures that the project team follows all quality assurance processes, including periodic reviews and transitions.
- Manage internal and external relationships and coordinates work between different teams globally.
- Work effectively in a multi-site delivery model.
- Manage third party relationships and monitors their progress and adherence to the contract.
- Have a well-rounded Project Management knowledge base and the ability to quickly pickup and deliver projects across various applications and platforms.
- You will also coach and support other IT resources assuming Project Lead roles, contribute to the development of PMO Processes, Tools and Methodology.
- Work Planning and Deliverable Management: You will adapt the PMO Work Planning processes and tools to the projects at hand and will maintain work plans, continuously monitoring actuals, and resolving/addressing cost and schedule variances. You will leverage the Deliverable Management process and tool to track the timely completion of all project Deliverables to the baselines.
- Scope Management: You will operationalize the pre-defined PMO Scope Management Process to control the project scope and requirements. You will present scope changes meeting the pre-defined threshold to the clients IT leadership Committee for approval.
- Performance and Reporting Management: You will leverage the pre-defined PMO processes, tools, and techniques to ensure timely and appropriate generation, and distribution of project progress and status information to project stakeholders.
- Resource Management: You will be responsible for managing the resources of the project, including the capacity, defining the roles and responsibilities, creating a staffing plan, obtaining appropriate skilled resources, and managing shared capacity.
- Issue/Risk Management/Quality: You will enforce the timely capture of project risks and issues by all team members, and will track, manage, resolve, or escalate project problems that impact the project's ability to meet the IT commitments as they pertain to schedule, resources, costs, quality.
- Working with the IT PMO team to define and manage the required quality gates to perform quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control activities. You will be responsible for getting the Deliverable signoffs from the various stakeholders and ensuring that all expectations are met.
- Contribute to the improvement of the PMO Tools and Processes, coach, and support IT resources in the development of their project management skills.